Ok... winter has pretty much passed (dare I speak too soon). It’s May and it’s getting warmer out there. I'm now packing away my winter Jumpers. It’ll be a while before we get the urge to make warm things, although I always regret not starting much earlier than autumn.
There’s a wealth of cool crochet out there that’s is just perfect for summer. Some great shapes - it 's amazing what you can do with a bit of crochet. Here are some ideas that I think are just fab - all with patterns, some free, some not - but still great value.
1. Love the shape of this simple but very stylish summer shell from Lion Brand
2. Cover up with this gorgeous little summer cloche from the I Love Pompoms blog.
I bet it would look great in raffia.
3. How fab is this idea. Lots of potential for creativity here. Lovely free picture tutorial from Genuine Mudpie
4. Found this lovely number on Crochet Kingdom. A longer version would make an excellent beech cover-up. Just think of all those bright coloured cottons out there crying out to be made into this.
5. One for the tots. Protect their little feet in the gentlest way with these cool shoes (pattern) from TwoGirlsPatterns on Etsy
6. Is this not the slickest crocheted bag you've ever seen? You too can make one. Get the pattern from Etsy's IsWoolish
And there's much, much more out there..