Friday 22 November 2013

Countdown to Christmas …Yarn Christmas Wreath, Part 1

christmas yarn wreath, christmas wreath, knitted wreath, crochet wreath, yarn xmas wreath, hand-made decorations

Christmas…..here it comes. It's everywhere, the shops, the telly, the internet - there's no getting away from it. The West End, here in London, is lit up and sssppparkling, and soon we'll be seeing the first wave of decorations and chrismas trees appearing in the streets of our towns.
Now I do like to see a nice wreath. They're popular in my local area of little Victorian townhouses. There are all kinds - small and discreet, real foliage, tinsel, and some seriously ostentatious wreaths in my 'hood. I love it. My old urban pad in the sky was way too modern, but now in my new 'old' house I make sure I have a wreath on my little front door.
Of course. I had to have a yarn one, didn't I. Nothing quite so simple for yours truly - something a lttle bit different. Looks like your average wreath...but when you look closer.

Fancy a making yarn wreath? It's really not as complicated as it looks. 

Here are  my instructions for Step 1 - How to make the base
Here's Step 1 of how to make my Yarn Wreath

For Step 2 - embellishments, keep watching.






No comments:

Post a Comment